Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Snobby Sewer


So I was at a sewing class, and I thought I was helping out and instead I was called a "Snobby sewer". I was a bit hurt at first ut now I think it is pretty freakin hilarious. So I have started a new blog, and you bet it is called "Snobby Sewer". It is going to be a blag all about sewing I hope to have patterns, tips, and hopefully some Q and A going on. It will be fantastic. I know a couple of you guys have been thinking about starting to design so hopefully the Snobby Sewer will be able to give you guys a hand.
I am actually glad I was called this name because now I will be able to showcase some tips and help some people out, even you guys who do not sew I will have some cute little hand sewn flower and little hair bow ideas and instructions.
This whole "snobby" thing has reminded me of a quote.
"We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a CHILD of GOD. Your playing small Doesn't serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We were born to manifest the Glory of God that is within us. ALL of us. And as we let our light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence autiomatically liberates others."
-Nelson Mandela
'94
I LOVE this quote. I have it up in my "sewing space" so I can see it when I design and sew. It hepls me to remember to do my best the best that I can do it. It also helps me to rememer that we all have our own talents and that we should develop them, and be thankful for them, rather than wishing I was as talented as someone else...there is always someone better then you are, that helps me be what I am, not what someone else is, or what others are looking for.
Moral of the story is: Be yourself, and you shouldn't have to be sorry about it. Nelson Mandela said so.

3 comments:

Ryan and LeDawn said...

Oooh! I am so excited!!! That is so funny that someone would say that! People are so lame! She was just jealous! Keep us updated and informed! I want to learn as much as possible! :)

MeL said...

Totally excited to see your sewing blog, seeing as how I have a fantastic sewing machine and have never really used it. Also, I never saw the finished product of Melissa's wedding! Please show and tell! Oh and lastly, I totally love that quote...way to be inspiring on a Wednesday evening.

heidi said...

yay for your new snobby sewing blog! that's funny they called you snobby...what weirdos. oh yeah, and leila's dress is AMAZING!