Sunday, January 20, 2008

Bad Luck...Laura

So I think maybe I might have bad luck. First we were in the car accident and no one was hurt...but me. Then it has taken forever to get a police report done and we have no car. Insurance would give us one but we are not 25 and therefore cannot drive a rental car. Then I fall exiting the shower and have a very purple thigh. and now we forgot to shut our garage last night and we were robbed. That's right some jerk came into our garage and stole our little 50 motorcycle and about $1500.00 worth of paintball crap. and I cut a chunck of hair off while sewing. I may need to have an exorcism preformed. this is just getting silly. And you know what almost all of these things have happened on a sunday...Dang you Satan.
Anyways when I am Having a hard time I like to sew, Takes my mind off of things and I usually have a happy ending. So here are the couple of projects I finished this week. I am very happy with them all and they look adorable on.
This dresses are by far my favorite things that I have made in a long time. The patterns were easy and best of all the fabric was cheep, it cost me about 90 cents to make each of them.





The girls wore these to church today and they are even cuter on my little beauties then on these hangers. I am really pleased with this turnout.


This is a terrible picture I know. But the next one is better it is on Leila, who looks fantastic n purple due to her dark features.

Hailey is awfully cute in it as well. I miss calculated length though. They were supposed to be mini dresses to be worn with leggings but my girls have such long legs that they turned out to be more of a tunic style.
This shirt is really cute on I will post some pictures when I get them. I love the back and how it over locks it looks so cute with a shirt underneath it for winter or a cute little back sticking out in the summer. And I absolutely love the snaps they are bright pink that match with the flowers on the shirt. This is one of my favorite shirt patterns that I have ever done.

If anyone is interested in these for their little ones let me know.

5 comments:

Kasey said...

Seriously Laura! Yu guys have all the luck! I'm so sorry about getting robbed. That is such a horrible thing and it makes me sad that it happened right in your neighborhood. We have left our garage open all night before and left the door into our house from the garage unlocked. That so could have been bad. Now I'm anal locking door and checking the garage every night before I go to bed, sometimes twice.
Congrats on the potty training! Kylee took like 4 months, so you are lucky! Maybe I should have waited a little longer.
Those shirts are super cute! You really are talented for sure!

salena said...

Geez..that's frustrating. Now something REALLY GOOD has to happen to you next! (you know that superstition where if 5 bad things happen to you, one really good thing happens...?) Naw, sorry I just made that up. But I hope your luck does turn:)

But those dresses and shirts are so freakin CUte! And stylish! :)
I want to (eventually, maybe) have a girl so I can break out the sewing machine! Great job Laura!

heidi said...

that stinks! and the no driving a rental car is crazy. that happened a few years ago to me. thankfully the rental place was like - oh, you have 3 kids.. .you can drive. and those dresses are dang cute! nice job!

Cassie Simonton said...

That SUCKS!!! But the outfits are addorable...so something good kinda came out of it...right? Anyway, you need to teach me how to get these cute templates on your blog...I was thinking of spicing up mine and the family blog...let me know! Thanks.

Alisse Baldwin said...

Oh my gosh- how scary! Does insurance cover any of your things that got stolen? How do those people who steal sleep at night??! You know they had to see little kid stuff in your garage, so I hope they feel VERY bad about what they did to a little family! About the little dresses- they're so cute!