Friday, December 21, 2007

Dress update

So my sisters wedding is January 5th. My mother and I have literally been working around the clock to finish 5 bridesmaid dresses, 8 flower girl dresses, two dresses for my sister and I who are not "IN" the wedding, and lastly 1 Fantastic wedding dress. Thus far we are almost done on everything. I must say that my mother is AMAZING!!! she is doing majority of the sewing, I am cutting and pattern making/altering. anyways we have got the wedding dress pattern finished, the dress cut out and peices sewn together. this is how far we are.

by the way this dress is gorgeous. It is out of Dupioni silk (a raw silk).
There will be ruching on the dress, which is what that little tuck is we just wanted to see what it would look like.

This has been my first ever wedding dress, pattern and so in turn my first train. I had no idea what I was doing and so I lengthened the skirt and widened the bottom and then maped out what I wanted the train to look like and cut it after it was sewn together and it has worked wonderfully.

So all we have left to do is to
1. finish train and hem bottom.
2. embroider the bodice.
3. rouche the dress and train.
4. add boning to the lining.
5. add built in bra to lining.
6. attach the dress to the lining.
7. put a zipper in.
8. put buttons all the way down the back of the dress.

I know it seems a bit overwhelming but I am so honored to be able to help with the making of such a beautiful, special dress for my sister, it truly has been made with love. I must say I love to sew for people, I get such joy out of creating such beauty for others. I hope this dress is everything she dreamed of. I will post more pictures when we are done with it.

Please let me know what you think of the dress or if you have any suggestions...I love constructive criticism.

4 comments:

Alisse Baldwin said...

The fabric looks amazing! You are so talented!

salena said...

Wow! The dress is awesome so far...I cant wait to see all of the dresses and the finished wedding dress!

Jodi Davis said...

Simply amazing, Laura! You and your mom are so talented! I am always so impressed with what you make. You sister should love the dress!

Kasey said...

The train is amazing! You guys are awesome. I wish i could sew!